The Professional Hair & Beauty Expo 2014

Weekend of the 31st of August 2014 I gladly attended The Professional Hair & Beauty Expo.
Had a fabulous time, sore feet and all and left grinning like a child who scored some extra candy from the Candy Store...yes, new hair care and beauty products give me a natural high.

Initially I thought the Expo was only for professionals in these industries and after hearing about someone else's experience and how they just went, not being a professional, I got my cousin on board and we decided to go to - plus I had the line about being a blogger to back me up.(thanks Zoe). The event was FREE to enter. We got there at about 9:30am as doors were set to open at 10am...talk bout hordes of people - waves of people - people for miles - people all around - as many people as ants - okay, ants may be a little exaggerated but then again could be pretty close. 
Many looked to be professionals in the industry and many looked to be accompanying them. I am glad the event did not strictly close itself off to just employees of the trade but rather allowed for the partakers of the trade - the consumers - to be present.


I was thrilled by the professionalism of it all and impressed by the various stands and set up of the place. 10 years of practise certainly gives them an edge.We made our way straight to the hall with everything to do with Hair and went to look for the Thank God It's Natural (TGIN) stand - followed by Ruutos (Portia wanted to get in on their great deal on Hair Extensions and I decided to try their leave in conditioner) and Design Essentials where we made various purchases from their Natural Hair Care Line (separate post on Design Essentials to follow - EXCITING times in SA) and anyone else who caught our attention. Many big names such as Morrocan Oil were present and I also saw that many were not. I like that the event catered to all hair types and skin types - its not about the colour of our skin or ethnicity, well not in its totality - hair is hair. Before long I was carrying way too many things to be able to take many pics. Bargain prices too.

I was so glad to get my hands on TGIN that I had to have all the products and the book too (which I had almost got a copy off kindle a while back), oh and I happened to be their first customer of the day. (separate post on TGIN shortly - EXCITING times in SA).  
  Wished I had got more - yes - more
 Excuse the attire - just what I wore that day - no affiliations
There were also various freebies to be had as well as chances to try out various products.
There were demonstrations - I managed to catch a bit of Kavuli (http://www.goodhairdiaries.com/) on stage giving a Natural hair care demonstration together with Ruutos products (http://www.ruutos.com/) Ruutos continue to develop and progress their Natural Hair Care Line. Watch their space.




In the Beauty Hall various Stands were on hand showcasing a variety of products for Skin, Body as well as hands and nails. Various Spa products and Spa equipment was also on hand and many deals and offerings for the Spa or Beauty Salon owner.Black Opal were also there - am enjoying their lipstick sample pack. My cousin also coaxed me into buying some Volcanic Clay with its ready made Clay Mud and Clay cream with various properties for better skin and body as its apparently good to use to detox. Umm I'm yet to drink it.

A separate review post on Beauscience will feature one of these fine days (http://beaucience.co.za/)


In summary - I will be attending next year - I will be pulling a shopper trolley/bag or even a small suitcase - I will have a big bottle of water in my bag and I will know were the empty toilets are and I will take more pics.
Read more about who was there and see next year's dates HERE and HERE.




Comments

Post a Comment