The Upcoming Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo 2018


Yes, I attended this expo last year (I actually worked for a brand that was exhibiting there (o:) and yes I will be attending (and speaking whoop whoop) at the upcoming expo on 24 September 2018. Herewith more details and be sure to read to the end for a nice surprise:

NATURALISTAS COME TOGETHER IN CELEBRATION OF THEIR HAIR-ITAGE
At The Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo Happening In September

After a successful launch of their first expo in 2017, the Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo is back once again for an even bigger celebration. With their main mission about empowering women through embracing their natural hair, the movement seems to grow even bigger. The 2018 edition of the expo will happen on the 24th of September at Constitutional Hill and will host an array of local, African and international brands on the day.
Organised by five dynamic young African, women professionals, who are passionate about empowering women and girls, African Heritage and excellence they aim to build the expo and give an opportunity to the incredible South African (and African) women and men entrepreneurs who are producing amazing natural hair care products in the continent. This movement event, which is set to grow to be the biggest natural hair event on the continent. The organisers believe in the power of the arts as a tool to facilitate new conversations that lead to social impact. They also believe that within every little girl and women, is a powerful force filled with good instincts and passionate creativity. The journey of empowerment begins, when women and girls understand and fall in love with who they are. One powerful way that they can start the journey of empowerment, is by embracing their natural hair because hair plays an integral part to the identity of women and girls.

This year’s Hair-itage theme plays an important role as the expo is on Heritage Day, a day in South Africans are encouraged to celebrate their cultural traditions in the wider context of the great diversity of cultures, beliefs, and traditions that make up the nation. The Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo encourages the attendants to represent their diversity on the day with their outfits. The general expo includes brands from in support of natural hair along with a kids corner for the parents that wish to attend with their kids. New elements have been in addition to compliment the Hair-itage theme with entertainment including music, poetry, fashion and art, as well as food stalls throughout the day.
 
“We believe in natural beauty. To us, natural beauty is being clear of who you are and falling in love with that person.  The way we pursue natural beauty is by embracing and loving our natural hair. We believe our natural hair is a beautiful crown that makes us feel gorgeous, confident, sexy, unfiltered and most importantly; authentic. We do not cover our crowns, but we take care of them and wear them with pride.” says Creative Director Itumeleng Mogatusi.

South Africa and the world is hungry for authentic dialogue on what it means to embrace yourself and this inspired the creation of the Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo. There is a growing need for true representation of African beauty. “We also believe in the women of South Africa and Africa… we are convinced they have a vital role to play in the economy of the continent. This is not just an expo but a platform to celebrate, re-educate and empower women and men on how phenomenal they are” adds says Creative Director Itumeleng.
 
Make sure to not miss the Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo. Tickets will be available from Quicket and at general tickets will also be available at the door at the following prices:

Early Bird Special: R150 (sold out)
General Price: R 120
Age 0-12: Free

Celebrate your heritage, Celebrate your hair!

Be part of the movement on social media and like/follow their pages on:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JohannesburgNaturalHairExpo/
Twitter https://twitter.com/jhbnat_hairexpo
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/johannesburgnaturalhairexpo/ 

More updates on the event, use the hashtag #JHBNHE2018
For more information, contact:

Selloane Moleli | Media Warrior
Email: selloanemoleli@gmail.com
078 746 5210

Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo Team | Exhibitors
Email: joburgnaturalhairexpo@gmail.com
071 471 5011

The above is shared as part of a media press release. As always listen to your hair and attend events!

Enter to Win 1 x Pair of Tickets to the upcoming Johannesburg Natural Hair Expo. Simply comment on this blog post below indicating if you have embraced your natural hair.

Comments

  1. The only thing I honestly regret is not making this choice when I was still in high school and return natural sooner however I'm always trying to convince young girls/ ladies I come into contact with to make the switch. I looooooove how versatile my hair is even though I struggle with the issue of having a dry patch at the back of my head, I stick to my routine and are still in the process of trying out different products as I'm going along this journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering Suzelle. (a winner has been chosen) I applaud you for keeping on in your journey, yes our hair is versatile and beautiful just like us. All the best and keep rocking your beautiful crown x

      Delete
  2. It's been about 6+ years and I love every minute of it. I don't adhere to strict rules but instead listen to what my hair wants and needs. I still use colour as that's who I am but I do so safely. I love interacting with people and talking about my journey as I hope it will inspire them to embrace who they are and accept their natural beauty. My bestie was addicted to her GHD and relaxer but after seeing my results in the first 2 years, she took the plunge and she's been enjoying it as well. It feels good to have a best friend that I now can talk to about everything as she knows exactly what I'm going through. We share pictures and videos of new hairstyles to try out, products we consider our holy grail and it's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering Miss Pretorius - YOU WIN!!! Please send me your full name, email address and mobile number on jemsofanatural@gmail.com. Keep rocking your beautiful crown x

      Delete
  3. I have embraced my natural hair completely. In all my almost 24 years of life, I've loved how my natural hair has grown as my crown. I am so proud to carry it, with its jewels still intact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering Lomuhle (a winner has been chosen). Keep rocking your beautiful crown, all the best x

      Delete
  4. I have totally embraced my natural hair. Its not always easy keeping up with rules and things but i love how my hair looks and feels. I follow regimes that my hair loves! It's also awesome to always speak to other naturalista's on how they manage their hair. Learning from one another is always an up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering Roxzanne (a winner has been chosen). Keep listening to your hair and rocking your beautiful crown - learning from one another is indeed awesome x

      Delete
  5. I have been natural for 3 years now. Slowly but surely I'm getting there. I am still struggling to find out which products works for me. I have very dry hair, and still working on the concern.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for entering (a winner has been chosen). Keep keeping on, you will indeed get there and its always product plus technique like spritzing and sealing in the moisture etc - keep listening to your hair and asking questions. Your crown is beautiful just like you x

      Delete
  6. I have always had rough hair as a young black girl.Going natural was never an option as i had to make my hair soft.I'm looking forward to being educated to the best products for going natural again.Growing up as a teenager in the 80's there wasn't much choice of products to use.I just hope that i can reclaim back my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering (a winner has been chosen). You can definitely reclaim your hair back and as you learn you will discover how to maintain moisture and keep it soft. Keep keeping on and listening to your hair and asking questions x

      Delete

Post a Comment