Product Review: Curls - Crème Brule Whipped Curl Cream

 
Yes, it has been a fabulous week of product reviews and I decided to group these this week so as to have a sort of theme going, all to be summarized in the next post (o:

Another product gifted to me by a locally based Importer of International Hair Care Brands called Nature and I is a hair cream called Crème Brule by a brand aptly named Curls.

The ingredients of this cream include:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Certified Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Certified Organic Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.
Ingredient Attributes: detangling, frizz control

The Hair Loves: that this is a lightweight product meaning it does not weigh the hair down. The hair also loves the scent - like vanilla cupcakes and butterflies - if I could eat it I would lol. It is fairly easy to apply being a white in colour creamy texture although I would advise on sectioning the hair so that the hair is well covered. In terms of doing what it says it will do, it does give some curl definition especially for first day wash and go hair but if your hair gets as frizzy as mine then it does not stay frizz free for long - I will be trying this creme a different way without any other oils and will update this post. As my hair has various textures, my curls in the back liked it more than the front. There was no crunch to the hair which was great and the hair when dry was soft and shiny.
Hair sectioned after washing, treating and applying the hair cream and detangling continued
The Hair Wanted More or Less of: after washing and treating the hair, I applied a little oil (LOC/LCO/LOCO/LOCS is my hair product application foundation and yes I often switch it around) and then applied the Crème Brule. I detangled further but did not find the cream to have the required slip (for me)...it did have some slip just not what I wanted. As this is a cream with the main purpose to moisturise I would say it did moisturise just not as much as I would have liked - the Gauteng area is extremely dry. The instructions on the bottle does advise to mix this cream with other products from the range for further frizz control as well as on day two. I applied very little on day two hair but did not try again on day three as my curls did not last that long and the hair started to feel straw like, so to speak. I will be trying this again maybe using a lot more on day one.
Another thing I found is that sometimes on wet hair, a product can look like its not taking to the hair, hair feels a little rough or curls are flat BUT as the hair dries the look and definition change for the better and hair looks good when dry - the Crème Brule did that a couple of times. Give products a chance on both dry and wet hair.

The Hair Did Not Take Well To: As it is a cream it does behave like a cream and it will depend really on what one is looking for. As a light weight moisturising cream product used on its own I think it does quite well and I cannot really fault it in this regard.
Wash and Go day one with no manipulation or messing about once product applied
Overall would I use this product again - yes - especially if I just want to use one styling product on my hair, quick on the go as you know us and our curls and various techniques, using one styling product alone is rare. I would say it carries through day two and day three might be pushing it but it all depends, maybe a light spritz with just water can prolong it and I will try this.

The Curls Crème Brule can bought from  Nature and I. I have ordered with them before and you can read about it HERE

Listen to your hair
After treating and applying Creme Brule, the hair was further detangled and then put into 4 twists to dry over night. Twists were loosed and hair finger fluffed the next day. (Yes, my curls change and do their own thing just like the weather (o:)

Comments

  1. Thank you for all your reviews, will definitely be trying out Nature and I.... This specific review got me very excited. Happy reviewing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment